07/08/2019 0 Comments
How to Prevent an Electrical Fire in Your Home
Our homes use more electricity now than ever did before. As we become more dependent on technology and electrical devices, from phones and tablets to cooking appliances, or electrical systems are put under immense pressure every day. And many of us are guilty of ignoring the safety instructions that come with these electrical appliances we love. If the electrical structures on our homes become damaged, are overworked or not looked after then they can cause a fire.
It's probably no surprise that almost half of all house fires are caused by electrical structures. There a number of things you can do in your home to reduce the risk of electrical fires.
Tips for Preventing an Electrical Fire1. Unplug all electrical appliances when not in use.
2. Do not charge phones or tablets overnight.
3. Limit your use of extension cords – It is better to have additional outlets installed.
4. If you notice any damaged, cracked or loose electrical cords then get them replaced immediately.
5. Do not have too many devices plugged in at one time.
6. Use surge protectors
7. Regularly inspect your electrical wiring and structures.
8. Keep all flammable materials away from your outlets.
9. Never use an appliance with a damaged electrical cord
10. Don’t ignore any warning signs like burn marks or electric sparks
Leave a comment